We are looking for a self-motivated candidate to work as part of a dynamic internal accounts team.
Who are we?
We are a forward-thinking accountancy firm with a strong team of experienced professionals who work hard to provide exceptional client service. We are based in beautiful Devon with access to beaches, moors, cities and rivers, but have clients based all over the UK and beyond.
Purpose of Role
The Finance team maintain the firm’s own accounting records from prime entry into bookkeeping software through to the production of management accounts and ancillary information for the Finance Partner. They are responsible for the input of all data into the sales, purchase and nominal ledgers, journal entries to upload payroll and time/fees ledger summaries; regular bank reconciliations of office and client accounts; supplier payment runs; fixed asset accounting; VAT reporting; credit control; and further tasks associated with delivering comprehensive management information to the partnership.
The system is based on QuickBooks Online with additional software in place dealing with payroll and time and fees ledger recording and back-office administration.
As an assistant in the team, your role will involve a wide variety of finance functions and some administrative duties. Reporting to the Financial Controller these will include:
- Processing purchase ledger invoices using ApprovalMax software; obtaining approvals and preparing payment runs to suppliers
- Calculating and processing accruals and prepayments at month end
- Processing staff expense claims and payments
- Assist in administering the PLEO cash card system
- Updating the General Ledger for outgoing bank payments
- Reconciliation of the bank accounts
- Assist with maintenance and reconciliation of Client Bank Accounts
- Maintain and reconcile Fixed Asset records
- Manage travel booking system for staff and payments to travel providers
- Maintenance of petty cash records
- Assist with maintenance of accounting records of a charity client (managed in-house)
- General provision of administrative support to the Finance team, including banking cheques and taking card payments from customers.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is seeking a varied role working within a small team.