We are now looking for an Accounts Technician to join our client’s Accounts department at their Okehampton office/ hybrid working.
The main duties (but not limited to) are the following: –
- Preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders up to the audit threshold
- Preparation of personal and corporate tax computations and returns
- Providing bookkeeping and management accounting services
- Filing Companies House and HM Revenue & Customs documents on client’s behalf
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Comply with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements
- General admin duties to provide support to Partner, managers and the office
This job description summarises the main duties and responsibilities of the post, however the list is not exhaustive as the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties and projects of similar level and responsibility.
Attributes, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following attributes, skills, experience and qualifications.
- Outgoing, socially confident and emotionally controlled
- A positive attitude, friendly and approachable
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently / flexibly
- Adaptable, organised and conscientious
- Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Discreet, professional and team orientated in approach
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Experience of working in a practice-based environment.
- AAT qualified or qualified by experience.
- Previous experience in accounts preparation for limited companies and unincorporated businesses.
- Good working knowledge of general IT Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Social Media programmes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven accuracy and an eye for detail
- Ability to present information effectively and concisely in emails and documents
- Good general education, including English and Maths at GCSE Grade C or equivalent
- 36.25 hours / 5 days per week
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays after 5 years’ service
- Death in service 3 x annual salary
- Access to Westfield Rewards and Health scheme
- 24-hour external Employee Assistance Programme helpline
- Buy and sell holiday
- Introducing clients and staff commission schemes
- Pension 3% rising to 4% after 4 years’ service
£18,500 – £32,000 PA