Our client, a leading regional firm of chartered accountants, is looking to recruit an Agricultural Accounts Manager either ACA or ACCA in their Exeter office.
The successful individual will take responsibility for a predominately rural and agricultural portfolio, providing all round accounting and tax services and advice. The role will also involve supporting other team members and review of their work as well as accounts preparation, tax advice, and business services for limited companies, partnerships, sole traders and individuals.
- To take responsibility of a rural and agricultural focused portfolio, providing all round accounting services and advice;
- Review year end accounts and resulting income tax or corporation tax returns;
- Control and review VAT return preparation;
- Deal with day to day client matters and liaise with a Partner on general issues and specific one off projects;
- Provide a comprehensive business advice service through client meetings and business plans;
- Manage the portfolio to ensure all deadlines are met;
- Organise and oversee the administration of the client portfolio to deal with billing and work flow;
- Market the firm and help to bring in new clients as well as promoting added value services provided by the firm;
- Supervisory role – assist with the day to day running of the department; mentor and train more junior members of the team; manage the overall workloads of the department together with other managers in the group.
Key Skills and Abilities
- ACA / ACCA qualified (or equivalent);
- Practice experience (either large, national firm or regional, independent accountancy practice;
- Recent and significant expertise in agricultural sector accounting with working knowledge of associated tax issues;
- Being able to demonstrate a genuine passion and interest in this sector;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with colleagues and clients;
- Be able to demonstrate both the technical expertise in this field along with the additional competencies in client facing, business development ability and aptitude to progress in the firm;
Salary is dependent on experience and post qualification experience.
Salary from £30,000 to £37,000 per annum.
Call the Alternative Financial Recruitment team on 01392 793995 for further information.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 to £37,000.00 /year