Our client is a manufacturer of premium aluminium boxes for transporting bicycles on aircraft. The brand is internationally recognised as being the pinnacle of this niche market with 70% of production exported to more than 40 countries.
Follow the daily production plan to assemble boxes from component form, pack and dispatch.
• Work to production schedule
• Maintain high standards of quality
• Report on material stock levels
• Handle and stock incoming materials
• Periodically liaise with visiting customers – assisting with product demonstrations and measurements for custom products
• A responsible self-starter able to prioritise and progress work activities.
• Problem-solver – able to trouble-shoot issues with production equipment and materials.
• Identify opportunities for improvement – in both product and the assembly process.
• An eye for detail.
• Understanding of expectaions of high-end customers .
• Responsibility to peak up when mistakes have been made.
• Work harmoniously with colleagues.
• A responsive communicator.
Education and experience requirements
• BTEC HNC in engineering subject preferred.
• Ability to understand engineering drawings.
• Understanding of materials and their properties.
• Previous experience in semi-skilled or skilled assembly.
• IT familiarity for operating computers and printers.
• Normally 10am-6pm
• Initially three days per week, progressing to five