We are now looking for an Audit Semi Senior/Senior to join our client’s audit team based in their Weston-Super-Mare Branch. You will be working with a diverse range of clients, developing strong relationships with those clients and working alongside an experienced audit and accounts team. You will be assisting in the planning, fieldwork and completion stages of audits. You may be involved in the preparation of the financial statements for our audit client base and their corporation tax computations. This role will likely suit a part qualified or qualified audit professional looking to develop their career further across the South West of England.
The main duties (but not limited to) are the following: –
- Building and maintaining client relationships;
- Understanding technical matters and presenting them in a logical and practical way;
- Preparation of tax computations for our audit client base which will be reviewed by our specialist team;
- Assisting the audit team in developing the department, together with proposals for new work;
- Performing independent examinations on our charity client base;
- Reviews under solicitors’ accounts rules
- Preparation of financial statements for our audit client base ahead of the audit;
- Assisting on Audits
- Performing grant audits for a number of clients.
Attributes, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following attributes, skills, experience and qualifications.
- Outgoing, socially confident and emotionally controlled;
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently;
- Adaptable, organised and conscientious;
- Evaluative, professional and team orientated in approach;
- AAT, ACA or ACCA part qualified or qualified with a good level of experience of working within an audit and assurance team;
- Good level of knowledge of UK Financial Reporting Standards and International Auditing Standards;
- Working knowledge of Sage Accounts software would be an advantage.
- 36.25 hours / 5 days per week (Flexible hours and hybrid working is available);
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays after 5 years’ service;
- Death in service 3 x annual salary;
- Access to Westfield Rewards and Health scheme;
- 24-hour external Employee Assistance Programme helpline;
- Flexible benefits including Buy and sell holiday, Cycle to Work and Private Medical Insurance;
£22,000 – £38,000 PA