Chartered Financial Planner
We are now looking for two experienced Chartered Financial Planners to join our client’s Financial Planning team in their Plymouth and Weston- Super- Mare branches on a permanent basis. This is a senior role in an independent directly authorised Firm, working in a growing team of Chartered Financial Planners. The role will predominately include servicing existing clients of the core accountancy practice, and also business development via internal business teams.
Main duties will include:
- Deliver client focused, professional financial planning advice to new and existing clients.
- Develop the business via internal introducers.
- Network and present to groups of professionals.
- Engage with clients, define their objectives and agree project fees.
- Complete fact finds and gather all other information required to satisfy “know your customer” requirements.
- Research existing arrangements and consider alternative solutions to achieve client objectives.
- Prepare suitability reports to explain recommendations.
- Ensure clients understand recommendations and answer any questions they may have.
- Assist clients with the completion of any required paperwork.
- Carry out regular reviews for existing clients.
- Maintain all supporting documentation.
- Keep up to date with all relevant product, legislative and technical changes.
- Ensure a current statement of professional standing (SPS) is held at all times.
- Attain and maintain level of competence as required by the Firm.
- Maintain all standards of performance as required by the Firm.
- Ensure relevant CPD is maintained and recorded accurately.
- Ensure compliance at all times with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, the FCA Statements of Principle & Code of Practice for approved persons, the relevant FCA rules and the Firm’s internal compliance rules and procedures.
- Work as part of the team to meet business targets.
- Take responsibility for and deliver client service to a high standard.
- Ensure all work carried out is compliant and complete.
- Provide cover for other Advisers during holidays and periods of other absence
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following attributes, skills, experience and qualifications
- Analytical, methodical and numerical
- Strategic, pragmatic and commercially minded
- Decisive, accurate and meticulous
- Tenacious, persuasive and self-motivated
- Results oriented, displays initiative and embraces change
- Outgoing, adaptable and socially confident
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude, team worker and personable
- Resilient / able to work under pressure, multi-task and work independently / flexibly
- Adaptable, organised and conscientious
- Effective Communicator, with proven accuracy and an eye for detail
- Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Level 4 CII Diploma in Financial Planning, Level 6 CII Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning and CII Chartered Financial Planner are essential whilst SOLLA accreditation is desirable
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a financial services team, suitability report writing and current competent Adviser status are all essential
- 36.25 hours / 5 days per week
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Death in service 3 x annual salary
- Access to Westfield Rewards and Health scheme
- 24-hour external Employee Assistance Programme helpline
- Flexible benefits including Buy and sell holiday, Cycle to Work, Payroll Charity Giving and Private Medical Insurance • Introducing clients and staff commission schemes
- Pension 3% rising to 4% (but matched up to 6%) after 4 years’ service
£30,000 – £75,000 PA