Horticultural / Plants Assistant
Our clients in Bow are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic person as a Garden Centre Horticultural / Plants Assistant to join our friendly team and assist with the sales of our growing plant range.
You will have a passion for plants & gardening, with ideally a Horticulture qualification or at least a good understanding and working knowledge of plants. The role will also include lots of heavy lifting and manual handling which will require the right candidate to have a certain level of stamina and fitness.
This is a fantastic opportunity to transform your passion into a rewarding career.
As a Horticultural / Garden Centre Plant Assistant, you will deliver exceptional service to customers and be able to increase plant sales through good advice on plant care. ·
Other duties will require minor repair work such as plant benches, fences, gates etc. Carpentry and handy skills would be beneficial.
To join us as a Horticultural / Garden Centre Plant Assistant, you will need to:
- Have a passion and strong understanding of outdoor plants and also ideally house plants
- Have great communication skills & be friendly & helpful with customers
- Ideally have experience of working in a garden centre or garden department within a larger retail store
- Be strong enough to lift e.g. bags of compost & gravel, & garden furniture, to help load customer cars
- Be happy to work outside in all weathers
- Due to our countryside location, a full and valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential.
- A qualification in a horticultural related subject would also be an advantage.
- A forklift licence would be beneficial, though training could be given for this. If you are used to driving a van that would also be beneficial.
- You will be required to work circa 35 hours per week (this may include one day at the weekend).