We are currently seeking an Interim Night Shift Manager on a 6 months Fixed Term Contract for our client based in their facility in Somerset. Our Client is in a very exciting period of growth focusing on investment and development of their existing strong brands. They are looking to expand their team in many areas.
- Ensuring good Hygiene and Safety practices of the packing operation (equipment & environment), through the development of the cleaning processes and equipment used, and training provided for all hygiene staff to ensure the site mets/exceeds all retailer standards.
- Directly manage both a dedicated hygiene crew and multi-skilled production teams who have both production and hygiene skills.
- Responsible for all production activity during their shift, driving quality, productivity, plan attainment, yield and OEE whilst maintaining the highest standards of safety, environmental and safety.
- Senior point of contact with responsibility for all activity on site during their shift (Hygiene, Production, Engineering, Warehouse & QA).
Key Skills and Abilities
- Experience managing both hygiene and production operations within a food factory environment in a similar FMCG packing operation will be advantageous.
- Intermediate Food Hygiene (minimum, Advanced desirable), Intermediate HACCP awareness, Internal auditor training, basic microbiological knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience of developing and implementing Food Hygiene Systems.
- Excellent team working skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Analytical skills to investigate and present findings and solutions to operational issues.
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team with a good understanding of engineering, systems, safety and quality and how these are intrinsically linked to site improvements and any changes
Our Client Offers
- Comprehensive training to enable you to do your role
- Development opportunities
- Attractive workplace pension scheme and company bonus
- Opportunity to join Company Sharesave scheme
- Discounted branded products
- 25 Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- My Staff shop – access to exclusive benefits, free advice and savings – providing great discounts from thousands of the UKs largest retailers & service providers.
37.5 hours per week / Monday to Friday / 2100 hours to 0500 hours
Salary is £40-50k per annum (pro rata)
For more information please contact Alternative Recruitment on 01409 255647.