We are currently recruiting for Single & Multi skilled Engineers for our client based in Davidstow.
Weekdays or Shift pattern available
Weekdays : Monday – Friday, days only (approximate hours will be 8am – 4pm)
Shifts: 3 days on, 3 days off, 12 hour shifts 7-7, including weekends and bank holidays
Full Time – 6m Fixed Term Contract
Duties will include:
- Supporting the delivery of the maintenance strategy in line with site and corporate MPS requirements.
- Effectively and routinely maintaining the site assets in a cost effective manner to ensure reliability and availability and support internal customers in achieving planned production.
- Supporting shift engineering teams to provide support to production by providing shift cover as appropriate.
- Deputising for the Area Maintenance Managers when required.
- Completing day-to-day planned preventative maintenance schedules to support the delivery of the site maintenance strategy, ensuring reliable operation of plant and processes for site depts.
- Driving a quality culture through the adherence to first class engineering techniques. Compliance to Food Safety and GMP standards.
- Providing detailed technical guidance for the planning and completion of maintenance activities on the process lines.
- Supporting and developing continuous improvement activities such as Root Cause analysis within the department to identify improvement opportunities and drive actions to completion.
- Identifying, sourcing and ensuring availability of maintenance spares, liaising closely with the stores team.
- Ensuring great communication is maintained between all parties involved in this area of work. Supporting the Engineering Area Lead and production agenda with a balanced view.
- Providing strong maintenance & engineering support in the area, improving efficiency, safety, quality and cost.
- Controlling contractors for maintenance activities ensuring compliance to site standards.
- An experienced Engineer with qualifications – likely through an apprenticeship and day release training to HND level or equivalent
- An Engineer with at least 5 years’ experience within a FMCG / food manufacturing company.
- Practically able. A time served tradesman would be ideal.
- Able to demonstrate practical engineering skills and enjoy a hands-on approach.
- Computer literate.
- Analytical with good planning skills and have a strong ability for problem solving.
- Able to work under pressure, multi task and self-accountable.
- Able to demonstrate decision making skills, work proactively and willing to take the initiative
- A good communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledgeable of modern asset care and preventative maintenance techniques
- Aware and understand key legislative and safety requirements within engineering field.