Our client is currently seeking a Mechanical Fitter/Engineer to join their small but expanding team.
The ideal candidate will have some previous knowledge or experience with mechanical engineering and assembly with the addition of a basic electrical understanding. Training will be provided to the successful applicant.
Preferred skills and requirements:
● Excellent communication skills
● Enthusiastic, flexible and reliable and positive
● Commercial and contractual awareness with the ability to work to deadlines
● Ability to work as part of a team but also to work to own initiative and be self-motivated
● Attention to detail
● Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
● Proficient IT skills
● Adept at setting and operating CNC machines
This role is mainly based at our client’s premises, however our client offers machine installations/repairs/servicing based both in the UK and worldwide, therefore the successful applicant would be willing to travel on occasion. A full driving licence would be required along with a valid passport/travel documents.
The position is Monday to Friday 7:00 until 15:30 with 30 minutes break. The annual holiday entitlement will be 20 days plus bank holidays.
Salary will be negotiable and dependant on experience.
For more information please contact Alternative Recruitment on 01409 255647.