Our client are seeking a Payroll Co-ordinator to join their new payroll function. The role will provide an excellent opportunity for you to use your end to end payroll expertise while also being closely involved in developing the function and maximising the use of our clients payroll system.
We think that this is an exciting opportunity for you to join our team if:~
- You have a strong and comprehensive working knowledge of what a payroll team does.
- Understand the legislation that applies to operating UK payroll including a thorough understanding of all aspects of PAYE – you know payroll inside out.
- You understand how pension schemes work, including automatic enrolment.
- You have experience of operating statutory absence payments including SSP, SMP, SPP, SHPP and SAP.
- You get your motivation from the excellent service you provide to leaders, line managers and employees.
- Proficient user of MS Office based solutions.
- You pay attention to the details.
- You are motivated and driven.
- You identify and volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be given them.
- You are able to handle difficult conversations sensitively, whilst tailoring your response to your audience.
- You are going to make the most of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
Main duties and responsibilities:
You will be responsible for delivering a first-class payroll service to employees and stakeholders. Subject matters include but are not limited to end-to end payroll processing, starters, leavers, maternity/paternity leave and pay, flexible working, and resolving pay/pension issues.
The role holder will be adaptable and resilient, ready to undertake a diverse range of tasks including the following:
- Calculating payrolls and submitting relevant returns and interfaces to third parties.
- Responding effectively to complex payroll related queries.
- Log and track queries.
- Resolving or escalating pay queries as appropriate to ensure prompt resolutions.
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure that outcomes from queries are accurately reflected in the payroll process.
- Understand, explain and operate pension schemes, including Teachers’ Pensions and Local Government Pension Schemes.
- Understanding and applying UK Payroll legislation.
- Understanding and applying relevant pay related policies to resolve queries.
On appointment, it is expected that the role will be based at our Holsworthy Skills Centre or in Okehampton.