We are currently seeking an experienced Production Engineer for well respected local client.
You will be required to join the production management team to ensure consistent output and quality.
You will be required:
- To drive process improvements to better efficiency and throughput.
- To develop and bring manufacturing in house for products currently ordered or processed by 3rd parties when it is cost efficient.
- To ensure all equipment is maintained to a high standard and repaired where necessary.
- Maintain existing equipment and machinery to include the implementation of preventative maintenance schedules.
- Maintain existing maintenance contracts and implement new contracts as required.
- Investigate and resolve production issues.
- Identify opportunities for upgrades and improvements to equipment and mange the entire process from quote to implementation including postimplementation review.
- Identify process improvements inline with manufacturing best practice and modern techniques and manage the implementation and subsequent reviews.
- Monitoring of Production efficiency including waste and implement a waste monitoring program with measure to reduce overall waste in the production process.
- Update CAD product drawings with Quality manger and create new CAD drawings as required.
- Identify currently bought in products and assess the feasibility of inhouse production.
Previous Experience in a Manufacturing Environment is Essential
Post-Secondary Education in an Engineering Related Subject is Desirable
Any Engineering Related Qualifications are desirable however Qualification by Experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of Modern Manufacturing Techniques and Processes,
- Knowledge of Siemens S7 PLC Programming,
- Experience and Knowledge of CAD CAM including use of Auto CAD LT,
- Experience of CNC Machining.
- Strong IT proficiency including the use of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complicated concepts in simplified language for those with little to no engineering experience.
- Self-Motivated and Self-Disciplined with an Attention to Detail
- Able to work towards long term strategic goals
- Ability to work well in a team environment and individually.
- Analytical mindset to identify opportunities and improvements.