Safety Engineer- Fabricator
Full Time Monday – Friday Fixed Term Contract 2 years
Duties & Responsibilities
- Welding activities to standards using Stick/TIG/MIG/ welding on common welded joints.
- Identify opportunities to improve equipment safety, reliability, availability and/or performance, collaborating with the engineering and operational teams to turn insights to their advantage Ability to read and interpret technical drawings as well as verify dimensions and product specifications with minimal supervision.
- Time served Apprenticeship or City & Guilds Welding Skills to Level 3.
- Minimum of 2 -3 years work experience in welding in fabrication or maintenance environment (or equivalent) is required.
- Fabrication experience in (but not limited to) carbon steel, mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium.
- To weld/fabricate component parts and assemblies to agreed standards and engineering drawings in various materials using stick, MIG (Metal Inert Gas) and TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) welding equip and techniques.
up to £31,779 DOE