We are currently seeking a Shift Engineer on a 6 months Fixed Term Contract for our client based in Frome. Our client is in a very exciting period of growth focusing on investment and development of their existing strong brands. They are looking to expand their team in many areas.
- Develops, maintains an integrated packing operation to agreed health and safety, quality, engineering and technical standards
- Optimises line performance to meet and exceed Key Performance Indicators in the areas of equipment reliability and efficiency
- Carries out planned maintenance activities and suggests ways to improve them based on observations and history and makes them happen
- Routinely analyses line data and takes appropriate action to improve performance.
- Participates in continuous improvement and problem solving activities to improve performance
Key Skills and Abilities
- Qualified to HNC level and/or served in a recognised modern apprenticeship.
- A good mix of electrical and mechanical engineering experience
- At least 2 years food or pharma experience to be able to hit the ground running.
- The ability to work in a fast moving environment (e.g. FMCG, pharmaceutical or automotive).
- Ideally have an auditing background
- SOP and technical writing skills
Our Client Offers
- Comprehensive training to enable you to do your role
- Development opportunities
- Attractive workplace pension scheme
- Opportunity to join Company Sharesave scheme
- Discounted branded products
- Holidays (18 x12 hr shift to book off or 25 days if Mon-Fri x 8 hr shifts)
- My Staff shop – access to exclusive benefits, free advice and savings – providing great discounts from thousands of the UKs largest retailers & service providers.
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts days and night
Working Hours: 7am – 7pm Days and 7pm to 7am Nights
Salary up to £39,072 pro rata
For more information please contact Alternative Recruitment on 01409 255647.