Due to continued expansion we are currently seeking a Warehouse Operative for our client based in Holsworthy.
The successful candidate will be aware of Warehouse layout and inter-relationship between different areas, be fully conversant with stock rotation procedures and competent in all aspects of the replenishment operation. The successful candidate will be able to identify and correct packaging and labelling faults in loads assembled for despatch and able to load vehicles in a safe and effective manner.
The successful candidate will also need to have a good awareness of hazards and ensure such spills and leakages are dealt with immediately or reported to others for action and maintain a debris free Warehouse and surrounding areas taking own initiative to clear such debris or report to others for action.
- Ensuring all operations are completed in a safe and efficient manner in line with company policy
- Receiving and checking loads into the Warehouse and being fully conversant with goods in process.
- Taking necessary action to reconcile delivery inaccuracies and be able to place goods into appropriate storage locations.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Good verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to use own initiative to think through problems to find solutions
- Literate with good written communication skills
- Numerate in application of number skills
- Able to undertake duties including lifting and carrying weights up to 15kgs approx
- Computer literate
- Experience of MRP System (Desirable)
Applicants must have a current and valid counterbalance forklift licence and a clean driving licence as well as a good understanding of Health and Safety Regulations and manual handling experience.
This is a temp to perm process position.
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5.30pm, Friday 08.30am – 3.00pm.
Rate of pay – £8.10ph
For more information please contact Alternative Recruitment on 01409255647