- Improve the performance of the team by encouraging flexibility and multi-skilling of all work colleagues by recognising and developing the training needs of the team/individual.
- Hold a start of shift meeting with the team. Establish daily objectives and allocate work.
- Improve the general housekeeping within the factory, using the 5’s disciplines available.
- Ensure that all team members work in a safe manner and adhere to safety directives.
- Report any Health & Safety matters including accidents immediately to the Production Manager.
- Able to make relevant decisions to change or improve manufacturing processes in order to reduce internal lead time and improve workflow.
- Carry out regular inspections to ensure that the quality of all fabricated and welded components are to the acceptable standards.
- Make sure that the manning of all processes are correct at all times and ensure that suitable cover is in place when required.
- Ideally you will be apprentice trained, time served fabricator/welder with an excellent understanding of sheet metal manufacturing
- Be able to interpret and work from CAD created engineering drawings
- Have previous experience of working as a supervisor running a team of up to 10 skilled fabricator and welders
- Worked in a fast paced production environment where efficiency and quality are key
- Have a keen eye for quality and able to work with the quality team to ensure a “right first time” approach to work
- Be able to monitor and achieve production KPI’s, liaising with other section heads to ensure workflow through the factory is smooth. Keeping internal lead times to a minimum and ensuring delivery to customer is “on time”
- NEBS Supervisory management qualification or equivalent would be desirable
- Minimum Level 3 (NVQ) in fabrication and welding is essential
- MIG and TIG welding experience of thin gauge steel is essential and Aluminium TIG welding would also be desirable.