We are currently seeking a Shift Engineer to be responsible for the operation, monitoring, testing and maintenance of a Waste Water Treatment Plant, Water Recovery System, Site water supplies and other relevant site services functions.
If you are a multi skilled engineer with relevant engineering qualifications with a food manufacturing background and feel ready to take on a challenging and very rewarding role this could be the next step in your career with the leading British foods company.
- Ensure WWTP and Water Recovery is run safely and to current legislations.
- Carry out maintenance, daily and ad-hoc tasks across the plants.
- Organize and prioritize workloads as required and ensure Production awareness of time scales and plant outages.
- Strive to seek areas of plant/product improvements. Continue training to achieve highest level of site and plant skills, progress core skills as required. Take on a higher level of plant “ownership” within the process.
- Assist in the development of other engineers, apprentices and production staff by training and look for opportunities to gain experience on different plant.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Trained to engineer standards, City & Guilds, HNC, ONC.
- To be able to demonstrate practical engineering skills and enjoy hands on approach.
- Have an understanding on current relevant legislation.
- Have the ability to work under pressure, multi task and self-accountable.
- Have broad understanding site plant processes.
- Be aware of departmental Risk Assessments and follow Safe Systems of Work.
Our Client Offers
- Development opportunities
- Comprehensive training
- Attractive workplace pension scheme
- Free, onsite parking
- Discounted branded products
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Holidays (17 x 12 hrs shifts or 25 days for non-shift)
- My Staff shop – access to exclusive benefits, free advice and savings – providing great discounts from thousands of the UKs largest retailers & service providers.
Shift Pattern: 3 on 3 off, days & nights / 7 to 7 including weekends and Bank Holidays.
This is a full time permanent position, salary up to £36,600 dependant on experience.
For more information please contact Alternative Recruitment on 01409 255647.